Joomla is a very excellent CMS that is widely used in web development. It is the most attractive CMS because of its expandability. Here are some of the popular Joomla extensions which you should always want to know and use.
Phoca Gallery is a Joomla component. And it is an image gallery with a beautiful slideshow. It has more than five additional extensions to improve this module’s features like the slideshow plugin, Phocaflow, and gallery tree module.
JoomGallery is a gallery component completely integrated into Joomla. Very easy to use and simple.
What it has :
- CSS-based layout
- Lightbox views.
- Support for user profiles in Community Builder, Community Builder Enhanced and JomSocial
- EasyCapture for comments
- Configurable watermarks
- EXIF and IPTC image data support
- Access rights
- User-created uploads and categories
Joomunity builds dynamic and vibrant community sites keeping in mind popular networks like Facebook, My Space, Net log, and Beboo.
- Build an online community like Facebook in minutes.
- AJAX and other technologies make the user experience even better
- Highly extensible with the addition of ‘applications’ From profile playlists to simple to-do lists.
- User Relationship management.
- Photo Management.
- Private messaging support.
- Multiple Blogging component support.
- Multiple Forum CMS support Fireboard, SMF, PHPBB
JoomFish is a very suitable solution for your multilingual website. It has easy extension it is also possible to translate any 3rd party extension available for your favored CMS. JoomFish 2.0 is a full-featured release including several add-ons.
It is the best Calendar for Joomla. JEvents consists of a Joomfish-compatible Joomla component and a number of modules and plugins. Very easy to integrate.
Community Builder suite (CB) extends the Joomla! user management system. Key features: extra fields in profile, enhanced registration workflows, user lists, connection paths between users, admin-defined tabs and user profiles, image upload, front-end work … More
Akeeba backup is an open-source backup component for Joomla. You can create a site backup that can be restored on any Joomla!-capable server. Most useful thing is that it creates a full backup of your site in a single archive and is easy to use.
- AJAX powered restore
- Restore without unpacking backup.
- Unattended backup mode (CRON job)
- Move your site between hosts and much much more!
It is a great SEO component to make your Joomla! website search engine friendly. Also Supports URL translations at multilingual sites using JoomFish.
- Generate SEF URLs
- Sitemap generation
- Duplicates management
- Multilingual support
- 301 Re directions management.
Joomla explorer is a File- and FTP – Manager. It allows you to edit files, delete, copy, rename, archive, and unpack files/directories directly on your server. You can – Browse Directories & Files – Edit, Copy, Move and Delete files – Search, Upload, and D … More